Monday, July 28, 2008

Up Up and Away

So, I don't know if it's just me or if other mothers want their child up and walking asap. I have been encouraging Abby to pull herself up and walk holding my fingers for a while now.

Over the last few weeks she has mastered the pulling up part and is now venturing beyond her comfort zone and moving around the furniture (very little, but still moving).
One night this weekend we put Abby to bed as normal, she likes to "play and talk" for a while before she falls asleep, no big deal right? Well this night she did her thing, then all was quite. About 30 min later she let out a little cry and went back to sleep. This continued a few times and I thought I should check it out, maybe her leg was stuck between the bars. I walked in and about fell over, it was scary and funny I didn't know what to do first, of course I laughed and went to get Eric and showed him. There was little Abby standing with her head resting on the rail of the crib sleeping.
The next day of course we lowered the mattress, but that still doesn't stop her from trying to escape.

Determination


This is as low as it goes... what have I done?!?!

6 comments:

The Tell family said...

We create monsters by trying to get them to do what we want! Lex is walking (she did it late) and i had been wanting so badly for her to do it! I wish she'd stop...she got into everything before she could walk...now she get's into even more and then puts it wherever she wants it and i can't find anything! Abby is adorable and can't wait to see you guys for tubing (we'll have to see Abby again some other time, i guess...) See you soon!

Jackie said...

I hope you end up with a climber!

Kristin said...

yeah good luck with that! Carter climbed out at 15 months!

Anonymous said...

what a riot!! they grow so quickly :). we just lowered kj's mattress too....didn't want to chance it! looking forward to saturday....didn't see on the invite what we bring....and is it a family shin-dig? kids too?

Ratliff Family said...

YIKES! I always say that life was so much easier when they were totally dependant on us for movement. Brandon climbed out of his crib at 9 mo. old (suprised?). I went to get him out of his crib after his nap and he had already covered that part for me.

Brenda said...

oh what a hoot! I've heard of kids not "knowing" how to get back down once they stand up. That is too cute!