Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yum in my Tum

And the winner is... sweet potatoes! Today we took it a step beyond the cereal and tried the sweet potatoes, and what a hit that was. The first bite I got the "what are you doing to me" face but the second mouth full was quick to follow and that went down smooth. I was seeing how well Abby liked them, and was tempted to sneak a bite and try it for myself.. but didn't, I will trust that they taste as good as they look.. jk.. (yuck) Mealtime ended when she decided that is was time to work on her new trick of spitting... and the mouthful I just gave her was now all over in a nice sprayed format.

I think that it's time to invest in a high chair.. the bouncy seat is not cutting it for mealtime.

I hope this all washes out, I guess that is why they make stain sticks.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

too cute. those first big changes, like eating food, are so fun. Hopefully her taste-buds won't be picky!

Kristin said...

aww fun! Carter loved sweet potatoes too! They're easy to make fresh if you want instead of store bought baby food...just cook them like normal, then puree and add water until baby-food consistency. you can store them in ice cube trays in the freezer for 'single servings'. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting those stains out!

Kristin said...

baby OxyClean works great on those stains...or get yourself a bar of Fels Naptha soap (usually on top shelf by laundry stuff)...it works wonders!